All Scripture is self-attesting and, being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God - the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments - is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible is uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm the essential tenets of faith described in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
Learn more about the Westminster Confession of Faith and our beliefs here.
Our Core Values, framed by our Christian beliefs, are the underlying principles that guide a church in making decisions, determining priorities, setting goals, allocating resources, and carrying out programs. They are the defining characteristics of a church that are emphasized in discussions and highlighted in church publications. All policies and actions of the church are based on these core values. They are not biblical doctrines themselves, but they are drawn from biblical teachings.
- There is but one living and true God, who is the sovereign creator of all.
- He is revealed to us in the three persons of the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Because God first loved us, He has called us into a personal and collective relationship with Himself through faith.
- Learn More: Mark 12:28-31, 1 John 4:10 & 19, Luke 10:25-28, John 1:1-5, Ezekiel 36:26-27, Acts 1:8
Salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone
- Because we have broken the expectations of God and have rebelled against His truth, the only way back to God is by His act of sovereign grace given to us through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- God draws us to Himself by grace, and by His grace, we respond by receiving Christ as our Lord and Savior.
- Learn More: Ephesians 2:8-9, Isaiah 53:6, Acts 4:12, John 1:17
- We live to exalt the Lord God in acts of corporate worship. While the style may vary, the object of our worship is constant. In song and prayer, with the reading and preaching of the Word, we lift up and praise the name and nature of our God.
- Learn More: Luke 4:8, Hebrews 10:24-25, Ephesians 5:19
- God desires His people to pray, and He hears and answers prayer.
- “Every aspect of church and individual life must begin with prayer in order to fully discern and follow God’s will. We desire to see every member comfortably communicating with God in any situation.”
- In all ministries, activities, and plans of this church, we will seek God’s wisdom, will, and blessings through prayer.
- Learn More: John 16:24, Philippians 4:6-7, Ephesians 6:18
The Word of God
- The Bible, as the inspired and infallible written Word of God, is our sole authority and guide for daily living.
- The Word of God, in its entirety, is still as relevant today as it was in the past and will be in the future.
- Learn More: Joshua 1:8, Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Timothy 2:15
- We believe that all things belong to God.
- God is honored by our stewardship of the gifts that He has entrusted to us to be used for His purposes.
- Learn More: Genesis 1:28, Genesis 2:15, Malachi 3:10, Proverbs 19:17, 2 Corinthians 8:3
- We believe in the importance of training, teaching, and equipping each member for discipling others through the word of God.
- We value transformation, not just information, as the basis of a successful ministry.
- Learn More: Ephesians 4:11-13, Colossians 2:6-8, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- As the body of Christ, together we seek to discover each member's unique gifts and use them in service to God.
- We are dedicated to supporting others with kindness and generosity.
- Learn More: 1 Corinthians 12:6-11, Ephesians 2:10, Mark 10:43-45
- It is the responsibility of each Christian to share the message of hope through salvation with the unsaved through word and deed.
- We show the love of Christ by our support of local and foreign missions through finances, prayer, and sharing our spiritual gifts to minister to those in need.
- Learn More: Matthew 28:18-20, John 4:34-35, Matthew 4:19, Romans 10:9-15, Acts 1:8, 1 Peter 3:15
The Family of Christ
- We are unified through Christ as a body of believers with different interests and gifts who have a loving grace-filled relationship with each other.
- We strengthen the body of Christ through encouraging and ministering to each other as we meet faithfully together to glorify God.
- Learn More: 1 John 3:1, 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 3:15-17, Romans 12:4-5
- We value sharing our lives with one another by forming relationships that glorify God and build up His church.
- Learn More: Matthew 18:20, 1 John 1:3