The Men of the Church (MOC) offers fellowship, Bible studies and activities for men of all ages.
Mission of MOC
To lead men into a vital relationship with Christ and to assist them in their spiritual, personal and community development.
- To lead men into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To deepen the spiritual life of men through Christian fellowship which finds expression in mission.
- To cultivate participation in programs and projects enabling men to serve Christ in their congregations and communities.
- To develop effective leadership skills which men can use to fulfill the ministry to which we are called in our families, in our daily work and in our community.
- To equip men to meet the mission needs and social challenges of a world in need of reconciliation.
Luncheon - Our next get together is Saturday, February 2nd from 11:30-1:00 pm at the Wesley Chapel Fire Department. Below is a picture from our January 2019 luncheon.
Bible Study - Meets 1st and 3rd Saturday Mornings each month. We meet up at 7:30 am for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A (in Wesley Chapel) and then head over to the church office (large conference room) at 8:00 AM for the study. We are studying the Book of Matthew.
Max Pfister Humanitarian Scholarship - This scholarship is named in memory of Max Pfister. Max was a successful businessman, husband and father of three. He was an active member of Siler Presbyterian Church. Max served on many committees, was a member of the Men of the Church, an elder and a deacon. If you knew Max, you knew he believed in helping others and his community.
After his death, the Men of the Church wanted to honor him for his thoughtfulness and his willingness to always help others. This scholarship was established to help any student that wants to attend a technical school, community college, or junior college. Applications are available in March-April of each year and can also be found on our Forms page. Financial need, as expressed by the candidate, is a significant consideration in awarding scholarships.
Barbeque Fundraiser - Chicken & Pork Barbeques are held every spring and fall, and these fundraisers draw a crowd!
Men's Christian Rallies
Grounds-sprucing & Clean-up Days
Golf Tournament - Each spring, our Men of the Church and Youth Ministry Coordinator Dave Childs sponsor a golf tournament to raise funds for REACH youth service projects. Some of our foursomes play often, some play only once a year at this event. But everyone has a great time!