Below is the current opening at Siler:
Staff Position: Director of Music Ministries (30 hours/week)
Summary: The Director of Music Ministries will be responsible for working with the Senior Pastor to cultivate worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to experience and honor the greatness of God. Fostering dynamic congregational worship, including singing the best of the old and the best of the new, is a key priority for Siler. We are seeking an individual who is called and gifted by God in the following areas:
1. Working closely with the Senior Pastor to plan two Sunday worship services (8:30 and 11am). Includes choosing congregational hymns and songs that engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s Word.
2. Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
3. Recruiting, teaching, and training individuals of all musical skill levels to be part of a worship team that serves the congregation with humility.
4. Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) Preparation for Sunday services and (B) Cultivation of Christ-centered community.
5. Building on our traditions while being creative and having a vision for where God is calling our congregation and musicians to grow in new expressions of worship.
6. Serving as a member of the staff at Siler, demonstrating a commitment to the Siler congregation and the church’s mission of reaching the lost and making disciples.
• Gifted in leading congregational worship
• Proven leadership and organizational skills
• Relational skills and enthusiastic presence
• Team player with a flexible and positive spirit
To apply, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.